Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The days are already running together...

 Well, my days are already starting to run together and I think this is my third day. I'm about to make a count-down until I can go home! (Oh why did I choose to not go home over Christmas??)
  So today reminded me why I don't like babies. The crying. For no reason. And nothing will stop it. (unless you give them what they want which is not always an option.)
  I'm really glad to have Rachel here as a transition (the au-pair that was here before me) she's really awesome. I will probably not be as good as she is. But too bad. She's really good at explaining stuff to me like the routine and what she usually does at each time of the day and how she handles the twins. She makes this job sound so easy but so involved at the same time.
  I haven't tried driving yet... But I'm not quite ready to try that out. Maybe I'll try driving the car around the block a few times. I'm also having difficulty understanding people with their accents sometimes. And I've learned quite a few new words. Such as "nappie" instead of "diaper", "wingy" for "whiney" or "bin" for "trash can". They are probably many others but those are the words we use a lot.
  I do really like it here and I'm sure I'll like it much more when I make some friends, but for now I'm lonely and 19 month olds don't make for good conversation partners. I really can't wait to start church hopping!
-Lydia

No comments: